Frontline National is currently seeking a Pharmacist for full-time opportunities across the Greater Portsmouth, Virginia area. Please apply online or contact a recruiter, at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Virginia Beach
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients.
- Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Have successfully completed an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) approved continuing education of at least 15 hours which maintains pharmacy skills and knowledge in the preceding two (2) years
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum 12 months experience as a Pharmacist within the last 24 months
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist in any US state or territory.
*Additional Requirements for Portsmouth location:
- Must have one of the following:
- Completion of an accredited Pharmacy Residency Program
- Possess board certification (from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties) in Pharmacotherapy or Ambulatory Care Pharmacy or Psychiatric Pharmacy
- Master’s degree in Medication Therapy Management (MTM).
- Possess two (2) years of clinical practice managing and modifying drug therapy according to written protocols or collaborative practice agreements between the pharmacist and individual physician who are responsible for the patient’s care or patient-centered medical home experience within the preceding three (3) years
- Have held clinical privileges as a clinical pharmacist within the preceding thirty-six month (36) months in a military treatment facility.
- Possess experience in the use of pharmacy computer systems such as the Navy TRIPHARM Computer System, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) or retail pharmacy computer systems
- Sunday- Saturday between 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Specific schedule may vary by location
- Some sites require work on federal holidays