Frontline National is currently seeking an Optometry Technician for a full-time opportunity at Fort Hood, Killeen, TX. Please apply online or contact one of our recruiters directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Provide a wide variety of duties to assist the optometrist/ophthalmologist as appropriate to the level of certification (i.e., COA, COT, or COMT).
- Obtain patient histories, perform prescription verification, and maintain patient records.
- Assist in testing patient vision.
- Test far and near acuity, peripheral vision, depth perception, and color perception.
- Examine the eye, using slit lamp, for abnormalities of cornea, and anterior and posterior chambers.
- Apply drops to anesthetize, dilate, or medicate eyes.
- Measure intraocular pressure of eyes (glaucoma test).
- Test field of vision, including central and peripheral vision, for defects, and chart test results on graph paper.
- Measure axial length of eye, using ultrasound equipment. Instruct patients concerning eye care and contact lens handling.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Possess and maintain current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT)or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or a completed a formal ophthalmic training program of the United States Armed Forces.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- One year of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist after graduation.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT)or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology.
- Monday - Sunday
- Between 6:00 A.M - 10:00 P.M
- 1 Hour unpaid lunch
- Federal Holidays required.