Frontline National is currently seeking an Advanced Office Clerk for full-time opportunities in Biloxi Mississippi . Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Place of Work:
Keesler Air Force Base, Urology Clinic
- Answers main office phone line. Directs telephone calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required.
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services. Determine patient eligibility, schedule appointments, relay general instructions to patients, or make referrals to other sections. Supports PCM by name processing for appointment and appropriate access to care timeframes during allocation of standard appointment types.
- Maintains appointment schedules using government computer systems and standard protocols and procedures. Validates basic CHCS patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients. Make required updates.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient schedules and logs. Utilized government computer system tools and standard protocols and procedures (detail codes, freezing slots, and TRICARE on-line usage) to facilitate maintenance of appointment slots, rescheduling options or cancellation processing.
- Call patients as needed to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments. Promotes consult/referral specialty medical care within the MTF.
- Obtains updates and files medical records. Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers (test results or documentation not yet filed in records).
- Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines.
- Initiates and locates patient medical records. Maintains medical records in accordance with prescribed directives.
- Conducts daily pull, delivery, and retrieval of patient records. Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
- Prepares reports regarding record statistics as necessary. Participates in records review as part of the facility’s quality assurance program and in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Retires medical records in accordance with regulatory procedures and guidelines
Education: Completion of the following:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Basic medical terminology required
At least one year in medical office scheduling, in an office setting, or at least one year in relevant experience or specialized Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator certification required.
Mandatory knowledge and skills:
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written correspondence, reports, and transcribed material.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer telephones.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automations systems, to perform a substantial range of
medical record maintenance support.
- General knowledge of Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards; Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) for
complete, prompt, and accurate health records.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
The work can be sedentary. However, there may be some physical demands. Requirements include walking, standing, sitting or bending. Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of step ladders to retrieve and file medical records.
National Background Investigation
Must be a US Citizen
Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American heart Association
Monday to Friday
7:30am – 4:30pm
1 hour meal break