Frontline National is currently seeking an Medical Appointment Clerk for full-time opportunities at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, FL . Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Place of Work:
5th Medical Group, Appointment Line Office
- Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests. Supports PCM by name processing for appointment and appropriate access to care time frames during allocation of standard appointment types.
- Maintains appointment schedules using a Government computer system (Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS), AHLTA or MHS GENESIS.
- Validates eligibility through appropriate booking through Defense Eligibility Report System (DEERS).
- May be required to register patients not already in computer system, such as newborns.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient schedules and logs. Utilizes the Government computer system tools and standard protocols (detail codes, freezing slots, and TRICARE on-line usage) to facilitate maintenance of appointment slots, rescheduling options or cancellation processing.
- Validates basic patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients. Makes required updates.
- Call patients or responds to secure messaging requests as needed to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments. Promotes consult/referral specially medical care within the MTP or at civilian facilities.
- Provides patient with specific visit instruction.
- Pulls records and files documentation as needed. Confirms medical records are available for upcoming appointments on provider schedules.
- May assist in preparation of patient notices (telephonically or form letter formats) for appointment reminders, no shows, or reschedule/cancellations.
- Receive and electronically deliver telephone messages (t-cons) to PCMs and/or clinic nurses by using the Government computer system, standard protocols and individual clinic guidelines as needed.
- If in the lead clerk position, attendance to the clinic Access to Care Meeting mandatory for central booking representation.
- An Associate Degree in nursing or other related educational program such as allied, community health, or public health OR prior military training, and successful completion of Air Force, Army or Navy Public Health Technical training
- At least 1 year of experience in medical office scheduling.
Mandatory knowledge and skills:
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required
- Clearly speak and understand the English language.
- Use of standard office equipment, such as personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- Possess general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- The work Is mainly sedentary, but may require walking, bending, standing, and/or carrying of light items such as files, manuals, and medical records.
- National Background Investigation
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American heart Association
- Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m or 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- No Federal Holidays
- 40 Hours Per Week