Frontline National is currently seeking Medical Transcriptionist for full-time opportunities at Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio. Please apply online or contact a Recruiter, at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Fully qualified typist with a minimum of 80 WPM is required.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and terminology commonly used in office settings as well as standard processing procedures, formats, distribution, and record retention policies.
- Knowledge of an extensive body of highly specialized medical and scientific terminology of the unit such as anatomy, physiology, diseases, tests, pharmacology, surgical procedures, laboratory values, characteristic of a medical, surgical, psychiatric, neurological, cardiovascular, or another specialty unit of the medical facility.
- Elementary practical anatomy, medical techniques, major disease processes, and medical procedures sufficient to identify and correct consistencies in dictated materials.
- Nature and knowledge of medical root words, suffixes, and prefixes to distinguish between similar sounding terms and to know which is intended in a particular context.
- Accepted medical abbreviations and their meaning and interpretation of specialized medical documentation requirements and specialized references.
- Internal organization of patient records and the relationship of their parts in order to search records and extract medical information and data.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software. Able to use various programs, such as Word, Excel, Access, Project to generate tables of contents, import graphs or databases, create glossaries, align multiple columns, print document, identify files or make other notations at the top or bottom of each page, and create form letters and automatically merging these with mailing lists.
- Standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems (headphones or voice writers).
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, excellent communications and customer service.
- Familiar with format and requirements for narrative summaries, diagnoses and procedures, surgical reports, medical evaluation boards, consultations, tissue reports, radiology reports, autopsy reports, technical and administrative correspondence, and other reports necessary for the completion of patient records or relating to patient treatment.
- Medical, legal, accreditation, and organization requirements
- Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests.
- Maintains appointment schedules using a Government computer system (Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS), AHLTA or MHS GENESIS.
- Validates eligibility through appropriate booking through Defense Eligibility Report System (DEERS).
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient schedules and logs. Utilizes the Government computer system tools and standard protocols (detail codes, freezing slots, and TRICARE on-line usage) to facilitate maintenance of appointment slots, rescheduling options or cancellation processing.
- Validates basic patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients. Makes required updates.
- Call patients or responds to secure messaging requests as needed to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments. Promotes consult/referral specialty medical care within the MTF or at civilian facilities. Provides patient with specific visit instruction.
- Pulls records and files documentation as needed. Confirms medical records are available for upcoming appointments on provider schedules.
Education: Completion of the following:
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. American Association for Medical Transcription (AAMT), or Registered Medical Transcriptionist is highly recommended.
- Medical terminology and Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT)
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- At least 12 months of experience as a medical transcriptionist is required.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (1hour lunch)
- Federal Holidays not required