Frontline National is currently seeking an Orthopedic Surgical Technologist for a full-time opportunity at Wright Patterson Air Force Base, near Dayton, Ohio. Please apply online or contact a Recruiter, at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a national scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Place of Performance:
- 88th Medical Group, Bldg #830, 4881 Sugar Maple Dr, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio, Surgical Operations Squadron.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Screens and checks-in patients and escorts patients to treatment areas.
- Accurately prepares room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
- Takes, monitors and records physiological measurements.
- Triages urgent needs.
- Assists with medical treatment, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per treatment protocols.
- Prepares and administers medications under the supervision of a nurse or health care provider.
- Chaperones patients.
- Assembles, maintains, and operates medical, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Maintains or assists with appropriate and accurate health record storage and retrieval systems.
- Provides patient/parent education as requested.
- Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing and examinations.
- Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic procedures.
- Upon completion of procedures and examinations, properly cleans and organizes room and performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies and procedures and standards.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Provides patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- Prepares all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists or operating room technicians.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Shall have at least 12 months experience within the past 24 months including, but not limited to, microsurgical procedures.
- One year of experience as a Surgical Technician or Operating Room Technician after graduation.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the worksite
License/Certification and Training
- Requires current BLS certification from an American Heart Association organization.
- Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
The performance hours are as follows:
- Clinic days: Mon—Fri 7:30 am—4:30 pm and/or Surgery days: Mon—Fri 6:45 am—3:45 pm.
- Days of surgery vary depending on demand and the surgical grid.