Frontline National is currently seeking a Physician Assistant for a full-time Emergency Medicine opportunity in San Antonio, Texas. Please apply online or contact a recruiter at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted by the facility (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in- service training to staff members.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement as requested.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
- Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Have at least 24 months total of experience in an emergency or acute care setting and have worked in that setting within the last 5 years.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current and unrestricted license in any US state or territory
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) from American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) from American Heart Association
- Work rotating shift pattern that shall provide 24/7 coverage
- Shifts shall be 8-12 hours and be scheduled at the discretion of the clinic leadership
- Holidays Required
- 80 hours every two weeks