Frontline National is currently seeking a Registered Dietitian for a full-time opportunity at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho. Please apply online or contact one of our recruiters directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Plan and organize work of considerable difficulty and responsibility under minimal supervision
- Participate in research and performance improvement studies
- Conduct nutrition assessment/evaluation which includes nutrient intake, activity level, appetite, intake of vitamins, minerals, nutritional supplements, and other complimentary alternative medicine usage, weight history, taste changes, feeding problems, food intolerance, food-drug interactions, unhealthy diet behaviors, socioeconomic and ethnic background, documented medical history, current diagnoses and medical treatment modalities, current drug therapy, and clinical signs and symptoms of nutritional deficiencies
- Apply the basic principles of enteral and parenteral nutrition support
- Apply principles and practices of clinical dietetics and medical nutrition therapy in order to plan, develop, and independently coordinate medical nutrition therapy intervention, interdisciplinary care plans, and nutrition education activities
- Conduct studies, analysis, and document findings to evaluate staff, food, nutrition supplements/feeding or meal alternatives and therapies, supplies, equipment, and service in order to improve the efficiency of the operation
- Apply current food service systems management, principles, and the practices within a healthcare environment.
- Strengthens human performance and total force readiness by providing nutrition awareness, education and intervention programs while promoting nutrition environment that facilitates healthy eating behaviors targeted at Air Force Medical Service (AFMS) beneficiaries.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating all Health Promotion (HP) nutrition-related prevention programs and services IAW Air Force instructions, guidelines, and population needs.
- Administers nutrition assessment, prescriptions, counseling, comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet needs of the installation community.
- Coordinates with HP staff to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include individual unit worksites, community facilities, and the MTF.
- Must be successfully granted provider privileges by the Credentials Office and maintain privileges.
- Must be able to use basic computer applications for word processing, record keeping, presentations, and nutrition assessment (e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, and Outlook.).
- Should be a role model in weight, fitness, and other healthy lifestyle behaviors.
- Executes nutrition policy and program requirements IAW instruction and guidance established by AF/SG.
- Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate HP nutrition programs.
- In partnership with HP staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
- Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in conjunction with the HP staff to develop, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
- Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
- IAW Community Dietitian Credentials provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients from the MTF and as mission allows develops nutrition components of chronic disease management protocols.
- Employs adult learning behavior change theories and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition interventions.
- Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- When appropriate documents nutrition education and/or medical nutrition therapy IAW ADA Nutrition Care Process, ADA Nutrition Care Manual, and AF Dietetics Nutrition Care guidelines and other applicable standards.
- Provides expertise to implement and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations.
- Communicates and coordinates nutrition programs among local leadership and targets beneficiary populations.
- Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
- Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations.
- Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external AFMS customers.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduated from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) accredited by the ACEND or completion of a post-Baccalaureate degree Dietetic Internship Program of supervised practice (for a minimum of 1200 hours) accredited by ACEND.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Three (3) years of experience in wellness, sports nutrition or nutrition education
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Board eligible Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics by the ACEND
- Must maintain currency through continuing education in dietetics and nutrition in compliance with the CDR of the ACEND requirements
- 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Federal holidays not required