Frontline National is currently seeking a Psychologist for a full-time opportunity in Valdosta, Georgia. Please apply online or contact a recruiter directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is a proud partner of the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Provides brief (typically no more than four appointments) cognitive/behavioral interventions in primary care under the Air Force consultation model (i.e., per the Air Force Behavioral Health Optimization Program Practice Manual). Services will mimic the pace of primary care (i.e., patients seen for 15- to 30-minute appointments)
- Effectively manage a full daily patient load, as defined by the Mental Health Business Practice Standards and BHOP Manual of completing approximately 8-14 patient encounters per day
- Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers.
- May provide classes in format appropriate for primary care (e.g., stress management class, sleep enhancement class, chronic pain class).
- Must be skillful and tactful in communicating with people who may be physically or mentally ill, uncooperative, fearful, emotionally distraught, and occasionally dangerous.
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills to articulate medical requirements to patients, families/care givers, medical and non-medical staff in a professional and courteous way.
- Ensures PCMs receive same-day verbal and/or written feedback on patients referred. May participate in group medical appointments, including Shared Medical Appointments (SMA) and Drop in Group Medical Appointments (DIGMA), as requested by the PCM.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited psychology program or a program acceptable to the Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Air Force.
- Successful completion of an APA-accredited internship/residency in professional psychology or an internship/residency acceptable to the Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Air Force.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Must have 24 months of experience within the last 36 months as a Clinical Psychologist
- Must have one year experience in the last three years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problem sand assessing and providing evidence based individual counseling to patients within a mental health or health care facility.
- Prefer those with recent experience providing integrated behavioral health services within a primary care setting.
- Must have at least 12 months of direct hands-on experience in the last 24 months with computer operations, basic word processing, data entry, and use of an automated medical record system. Demonstrate proficiency to input, send, and retrieve patient information utilizing electronic medical record and patient care databases. Maintain patient information in a patient registry. Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician. Complete computer-based training as required. Proficiency with Microsoft
- Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is required.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Monday – Friday (8/hour shifts)
- Between 7:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
- Federal holidays not required