Frontline National is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technologist (MT/MLS/CLS) for a full-time opportunity at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS working in the military's one and only Molecular Genetics Laboratory. Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Performs clinical laboratory testing for nucleic acid-based diseases for DoD beneficiaries and on survey samples submitted to the laboratory for quality assurance and proficiency testing.
- Routinely performs testing on blood, cells, cell cultures, and various tissue samples from patients, deceased individuals, and fetuses (prenatal testing).
- Must maintain sample tracking and integrity meticulously to prevent cross contamination of samples. Nucleic acid testing is subject to a multitude of constantly changing variables, which can affect the results.
- Demonstrates high-level laboratory problem solving skills and analytical abilities to successfully perform assigned laboratory testing.
- Receives packages containing samples, and verifies the presence of the correct contents and paperwork, the adequacy of the sample, and the documentation.
- Creates labels and folders for the test to be performed. Records the samples on the correct worksheets in the laboratory, in computer information management systems, and on Excel spreadsheets.
- Extracts nucleic acid from samples utilizing multiple established protocols. Assesses the adequacy of the nucleic acid obtained, quantifies final nucleic acid samples, and documents results of nucleic acid extraction processes. Performs calculations to determine appropriate dilutions of nucleic acid and/or quantities to be used for various testing procedures.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Bachelor degree of above from a medical technology or related science program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Medical Technologist
- National Background Investigation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) American Heart Association
- Certification as a Medical Technologist (MT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) in Molecular Genetics or American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Monday to Saturday between 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM