Frontline National is seeking qualified individuals to work as an Office Manager to support RTI International in implementing a research project in Newburgh, New York. Please apply online or call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Study team members will collect data at a Study Office from approximately September 2021 to March 2022. For the study, recruited research participants will be scheduled for appointments at a local study office in Newburgh, New York. At the office, participants will meet with a Phlebotomist who will collect measurements such as height, weight, waist circumference, and blood pressure, and a blood sample. Participants will also complete a survey about their health, and minor participants will complete a neurobehavioral assessment. Study office staff will also receive participant urine samples, prepare participant blood samples for processing, and ship the blood and urine samples to study labs. The team will be overseen by an on-site office manager or team lead.
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interviewing all other study office staff including the Team Lead, Research Associates, Phlebotomists and assistant Laboratory Technicians and making hiring recommendations.
- Supervising all study office staff including the Team Lead, Research Associates, Phlebotomists, and assistant Laboratory Technicians, the reviewing and approval of timesheets, providing performance feedback to staff, and reporting staff issues to management.
- Leading in-person training activities, certifying study office staff to work on the project, and directing additional training and team-building activities throughout data collection.
- Reviewing all weekly staff schedules for managerial, research and clinical coverage.
- Conducting weekly management meetings and monthly study meetings for all staff.
- Attending weekly quality and production meetings with study leaders.
- Attending project meetings with clients and others as necessary.
- Appropriately and clearly communicating with all staff, project management, clients, and the general public.
- Checking that scheduled staff has arrived to work and attending to any needed follow-up for possible replacements.
- Setting up the study office, including finalizing office layout and furniture needs; receipt, unpacking and arrangement of furniture, equipment, office materials and study supplies, and; coordinating with the selected service provider regarding setup of telecommunication services.
- Interacting with all subcontractors/vendors and handling any issue resolution such as: rental furniture, cleaning service, dry ice delivery, biohazard waste disposal, study office security system, copy/fax and other equipment.
- Communicating with building management/maintenance to address any building-related needs as needed.
- Directing technical systems and equipment issues to appropriate parties for resolution and following up to assure completion by appropriate staff.
- Informing appropriate office staff of any connectivity and equipment problems.
- Coordinating daily project procedures and tasks among all study office staff.
- Managing media and visitor call-in questions and visits and directing them to study leaders, as necessary.
- Serve as back-up to study staff and assisting in handling study office participant procedures including intake activities, tracking of completed study visit activities, incentive payment, and rescheduling participants to complete remaining study activities. Adhering to all project protocols associated with participant procedures.
- Using interpersonal and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with study office staff and participants.
- Providing a clear explanation of study procedures to participants and their family.
- Assisting in preparing the shipments of participants’ blood and urine samples to study labs.
- Assisting with outreach activities as necessary including attendance at public meetings, which sometimes may be held outside shift hours.
- Overseeing inventory management including taking receipt of equipment, materials, and supplies; comparing contents of deliveries to invoices and purchase requests and flagging discrepancies; regularly taking inventory and communicating needs for resupply; identifying and communicating the need for alternative or new supplies, as appropriate. Opening and/or locking the study office for the night.
- Ensuring quality data collection through adherence to documented quality control procedures and plans, and reporting quality concerns, unanticipated problems, and adverse events to appropriate RTI Task Leaders.
- Overseeing the closeout of the office at the end of data collection, including removal of furniture, office materials, and study supplies
- Coordinating with the Team Lead to ensure all daily and weekly tasks are completed.
- Complying with all COVID-19 related safety requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelors’ degree or HS (GED) with experience as listed below
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Prior experience as an office manager, assistant office manager, or supervisor in a medical or research setting required.
- Effective communication skills through speech and listening and have fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking.
- Basic computer skills.
- Availability for entire training and data collection period.
- Able to successfully complete training.
- Able to successfully lead project training.
- Able to keep project information confidential.
- National Background Investigation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from study office.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided as well as training regarding the proper use and disposal of PPE per Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
- Must attend and successfully pass compensated project and job specific training.
- Attend and successfully complete Office Manager project teleconference training sessions in September and October. Teleconferences will be scheduled during regular business hours.
- Attend training for all other study office staff roles in October and November
- Conducting in-person training and certifications of the other study office staff
- Staff must also complete the requirements of an 8-hour research with human subjects training.
- Hazards: Potential exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- September and October 2021:
- Available to work, on average, 30 hours per week to attend project training and perform all study office set-up tasks as described above. Weekly schedule will vary and be planned around the timing of deliveries and schedule to complete study office set-up tasks.
- September 2021 through March 2022:
- Available to work, on average, 40 hours per week. Study office hours will vary by month, but primarily shifts will be 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday, and 2:30 PM through 8:30 PM up to once or twice per month.