Frontline National is currently seeking an Optometrist for a full-time opportunity in San Antonio, Texas. Please apply online or contact a Recruiter, at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat conditions of the visual system with medications, ophthalmic lenses, ophthalmic prisms, contact lenses, and low vision aids. Participate in the examination, diagnosis, treatment and management of diseases, injuries, and refractive surgery of the eye and ocular adnexa. The HCW will function as an optometric faculty member in the Ophthalmology Residency Program.
- Provide outpatient clinic visits for refractive surgery exams at an average of eight to twelve each duty day averaged over an eight hour day depending on the type of visit and the exam schedule.
- Provide other outpatient clinic visits at a minimum average of two to four per hour when there are no sufficient ophthalmic patients available to meet the ophthalmic minimum requirements (depending on the nature of the clinic). This shall include initial visits as well as follow-up visits and postop visits that may consist of six to eight patients per hour.
- Coordinate all vision refractive surgery research projects to include assisting the Principal Investigator or designated representative with writing protocols, tracking consent, performing technical part of exams and evaluations, completion of required Institutional Review Board (IRB) forms and reports, and prepare final presentation or journal.
- Provide instruction to co-managing optometrists at the Co-manager Certification Course and as needed in between official training courses.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Doctor of Optometry from an accredited college or university approved by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE).
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Must have 3 years of experience providing optometry health care for refractive surgery patients as an Optometrist with experience within the last 2 years in optometry healthcare for refractive surgery.
- Contractor must have knowledge of all aspects of refractive surgery and the pre-operative and post-operative management of refractive surgery patients.
- Knowledge of clinic regulations, policies, and procedures to receive visitors and patients, screen phone calls, and answer or refer questions. Knowledge required requisitioning equipment, supplies, and services.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Have an active, clear licensure for optometry in any US jurisdiction.
- American Board of Optometry certification desired
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Between 6:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours per week)
- Federal Holidays not required