Any state's license! Full Time! Benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k, Paid holidays, PTO and sick time! Excellent Compensation!
Frontline National is currently seeking an Operating Room Registered Nurse for an opportunity in West Point, New York. Please apply online or contact us at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity.
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned firm dedicated to identifying and utilizing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match our high standards and expectations. Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully employ professionals on a National scale.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Perform preoperative duties to include assessing the patient’s physiological and psychosocial status. Formulate a nursing care plan to include developing goals based upon nursing diagnosis and desired patient outcomes.
- Utilize the Surgical Services Service Line (3SL) modality to enhance patient advocacy, communication and teamwork dynamics. Utilize 3SL to assist with communication and teamwork dynamics
- Develop a perioperative nursing care plan to assigned patients, to use before, during and after surgery.
- Utilize aseptic principles and practices in perioperative nursing while providing comprehensive preoperative, intraoperative and postoperative nursing care.
- Inspect all equipment and instrumentation in accordance to national and local policies governing sterility and high level disinfection and notifies leadership when deviations occur.
- Verifies completions of patient’s preoperative care (antibiotic therapy, insertion of invasive lines, integumentary preparation, laboratory results and appropriate medical-legal documents).
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring the sterile field and the supervision of surgical technologists engaged in these activities. Informs surgical team of plans; keep all team members informed of patient changes requiring modifications to the care.
- Verifies appropriate room preparations to include necessary equipment, positioning devices, implants, perform all routine OR suite preventative care; perform preoperative equipment function and safety tests of equipment.
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily stock sheets while utilizing facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Checks for outdated sterile supplies and instruments
- Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings, and participates in emergency drills. Participates in the orientation of new employees. Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Associates Degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- National Background Investigation
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
- Three (3) years' experience within the past five (5) years as a Registered nurse, and with a minimum of three (3) years' experience in the operating room as a registered nurse.
License/Certification and Training:
- Current and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any US state or territory
- Current board certification or eligibility for Internal and/or Family Medicine
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Standard Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 0645-1515 with a 30 minute unpaid lunch
- On Call Schedule (reporting within 30 minutes if required to come in while on-call):
- At least 1 week per month. On-call nights start on Monday – Thursday from 1515 - 0645.
- At least 1 weekend per month, (Weekends start on Friday from 1515 to Monday 0645 to include holidays)