Frontline National is currently seeking a Refractive Research Surgical Technician for a full-time opportunity in San Antonio, Texas. Please apply online or contact a Recruiter, at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Establish a sterile field and assists with minor surgical procedures including PRK, LASIK, and other refractive surgical procedures.
- Manage pre- and post-ops of surgical patients, give pre-op and post-operative instructions, and complete surgical prep of the patient for the procedure.
- Ensure proper technique and operating instructions are followed and maintained, surgical room supplies are maintained, and the laser is calibrated and maintained in working condition.
- Upkeep equipment and instrument inventory of the Excimer laser and assist in providing laser and other relevant equipment training for other technicians and providers.
- Assist, educate and train PRK staff, Ophthalmology Clinic residents, and other technicians in day-to-day clinic activities and refractive surgery procedural steps to include evaluation and surgical assisting and organizing and maintaining exam room stocks.
- Prepare, maintain, and post the technicians’ schedules.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Have an associate’s degree (AA) as a minimum or four (4) years’ experience as a Refractive Research Surgical Technician performing similar duties as described below. Duties, is considered as equivalent.
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Have at least 5 years previous experience in an Ophthalmology department performing evaluations of refractive surgery patients to include use of a topographer, orb scan, ultrasound, A-scan, pachymeter, Wavefront analyzer, and Vario topolyzer.
- Contractor must have knowledge of all aspects of refractive surgery and the pre-operative and post-operative management of refractive surgery patients.
- Knowledge of clinic regulations, policies, and procedures to receive visitors and patients, screen phone calls, and answer or refer questions.
- Knowledge required requisitioning equipment, supplies, and services.
- Knowledge of the internal organization of patient records in order to search the record to extract medical information and data relevant to patient care.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Must possess and maintain current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or higher from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
- Must possess and maintain current EXCIMER and Femptosecond laser certifications, which includes programming, calibration, on-site maintenance, and sterilization procedures.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Between 6:00 am – 5:00 pm (40 hours per week)
- Federal Holidays not required