Frontline National LLC is seeking qualified Phlebotomists to support implementing research project in Orange County, NY.
For the study, recruited research participants will be scheduled for appointments at a local established clinic in Newburgh, NY. At the clinic, participants will meet with a Phlebotomist who will collect measurements such as height, weight, waist circumference, blood pressure, and a blood sample. Participants will also complete a survey about their health. Study office staff will also receive participant urine samples, process blood samples into serum aliquots, and ship the blood, serum and urine samples to off-site labs for analysis. The team will be overseen by an on-site office manager or team lead.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Using interpersonal and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with study office leadership and participants.
- Verifying participant identities and looking up their Participant ID’s in the project system to begin their study office activities.
- Collecting confidential information and administering Informed Consent Forms.
- Administering study office participant procedure around intake activities, tracking of completed study visit activities, incentive payment, and rescheduling participants to complete remaining study activities.
- Administering survey questions verbatim to participants using project-provided tablets and laptops and answering participant questions.
- Answering the study cell phone on clinic days to answer questions, receive incoming calls from participants who have arrived for the appointments, help with rescheduling appointments as needed, and assist with any other participant needs.
- Adhering to all project protocols associated with participant procedures.
- Accurately completing all project documents including survey instruments and all reporting forms.
- Providing a clear explanation of study procedures to participants and their family.
- May be asked to assist with study office set-up prior to data collections launch.
- May be asked to assist with participant procedures around collecting and documenting anthropometric measurements and with processing specimens and preparing for shipment to the labs
- Other duties as required.
- Potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- Successfully completed an accredited phlebotomy program
- Certification by one or more of the following is preferred: American Certification Agency for Healthcare Professionals (ACA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), The National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT/MMCI), The American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), or National Healthcare Association (NHA).
- 1 year of Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid from an accredited institution
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Effective communication skills through speech and listening and have fluency in English through reading, writing and speaking.
- Basic computer skills.
- Availability for entire training and data collection period.
- Able to successfully complete training.
- Able to keep project information confidential
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from the study office.
- Available to work Saturdays starting on July 8th through September 23rd (with the exception of September 2nd) from 9am – 5:30 pm, with half hour unpaid lunch. Staff must attend training sessions on June 17th and June 24th.
- Basic laboratory and troubleshooting skills and trained in aseptic technique.
- Good attention to detail, excellent documentation skills, and ability to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to report to work on time as scheduled.
- Ability to comply with all study ethics practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pass a background check
- Research experience preferred; not required.
Training & Pay:
- Attend and successfully complete project training, including an 8-hour research with human subjects training.
- Pay for this position will vary with experience