Frontline National is currently seeking a Dental Assistant for a part-time opportunity in San Antonio, Texas. Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Performs duties in providing assistance in one or more phases of complex/difficult restorative, prosthodontic, oral surgical, endodontic, or periodontal treatment.
- Receives and schedules patients for treatment.
- Obtains and records related medical history of patient.
- Charts examination and treatment information.
- Records information on prescriptions.
- Sterilizes instruments, materials, and equipment; prepares surgical trays.
- Maintains dental equipment in a clean and operative condition.
- Assists dentist at chair side.
- Performs intra-oral procedures as directed by dentist.
- Takes preliminary impressions for study models, removes sutures, places and removes rubber dams, perio-packs, matrix bands, and wedges.
- Relays dentist’s instructions to patient for post-treatment care.
- Instructs patient in proper dental techniques, care of appliances, and causes of dental decay.
- Operates dental X-ray equipment to take intra and extra oral radiographs.
- Maintains, cleans, and performs minor repairs on X-ray equipment and materials.
- Pours and trims models from impressions, and constructs custom impression trays.
- Maintains a variety of recurring reports related to dental activities.
- Certificate from successful completion of a military Red Cross dental assistant program or a military dental technician or dental assistant school or dental assistant program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CDA) of the American Dental Association (ADA). All training must have included a sessions in radiation physics; radiation biology; radiation health, safety, and protection; X-ray films and radiographic film quality; radiographic techniques; darkroom and processing techniques; film mounting; and, digital radiographic processing techniques.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as dental assistant or technician after graduation.
- Additional knowledge in aspects of injury and illness in combat or field situations is highly preferred.
- Prior deployment experience is preferred, but not required.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Certified in radiography
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- One - Two Sessions per month; each session is 6:30 am Monday - 12:00 pm Thursday
- Average 30 hours per session, maximum 40 hours across 3.5 days