Frontline National is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician for a part-time opportunity in San Antonio, Texas. Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
Job Duties, including but not limited to:
- Perform a full range of clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of the following sections of the laboratory: hematology, chemistry, cytology, histo-technology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology and blood bank.
- Determine the suitability of specimens for analysis.
- Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure that the physiologic state of the properties is maintained.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as necessary.
- Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments.
- Verify correct instrument operation using established procedures and quality control checks.
- Identify the cause of common problems and make simple repairs.
- Recognize and react to indicators of malfunction.
- Locate and implement corrections.
- Obtain analytical data, convert to a prescribed unit of reporting, as necessary, and correlate data to verify results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents and products and maintain proper records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Prepare specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for mail out.
- Prepare biological waste for proper disposal.
- Certificate from completing a medical laboratory technician-training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency (NAA) for Clinical Laboratory Sciences or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education (ABHE) schools or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in this field.
- Field blood banking/walking blood bank experience highly preferred.
- Prior deployment experience is preferred, but not required.
- Additional knowledge in aspects of injury and illness in combat or field situations is highly preferred.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology or AMT.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- One - Two Sessions per month; each session is 6:30 am Monday - 12:00 pm Thursday
- Average 30 hours per session, maximum 40 hours across 3.5 days