Frontline National is currently seeking Medical Laboratory Technicians (Molecular Genetics Laboratory Technician- MLT) for full-time opportunities near Biloxi, MS. Please call our office directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about these great opportunities!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Performs clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of areas as described in following sections of the laboratory: Cytogenetics, Molecular Genetics, Molecular Cytogenetics.
- Performs a wide variety of laboratory tests either manually or using automated instrumentation.
- Evaluates quality control information against measurable criteria in the performance of laboratory tests.
- Performs precise and accurate laboratory testing according to established laboratory procedures.
- Receives written or electronic requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests.
- Sets up and adjusts laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens to various laboratory operations according to established procedures.
- Prepares slides for microscopic analysis as necessary.
- Observes test reactions, changes of color, or formation of precipitates; studies or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment to make qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Records test results to flat logs and request slips and file reports in the electronic health record.
- Brings to the attention of the section supervisor, pathologist or general laboratory supervisor any unusual or grossly abnormal test result.
- Performs light general cleaning of work areas such as collection of trash, autoclaving of specimens, cleaning of bench tops and light dusting.
- Prepares specimens for transport to MTF laboratory or for other civilian/DOD reference laboratories.
- Prepares biological waste for proper disposal.
- Participates/performs the prescribed QC and CAP proficiency testing (PT) programs.
- Performs and documents required equipment maintenance as required.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including the use of personal protective equipment and proper disposal of waste
- Participates in required equipment, in-service training and continuing medical education. Complete required hospital training.
- Ensures safe work environment and employ safe work habits.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
Experience: Candidates must have the following experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a Medical Technician working in Molecular Genetics.
- National Background Investigation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
License/Certification and Training:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) American Heart Association
- Certification as a Medical Technician (MLT) by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) in Molecular Genetics or American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Monday to Saturday; Day shift (Between hours of 6:00 AM-8:00 PM)