Frontline National is currently seeking an Optometry Technician for a full-time opportunity in Alamogordo, New Mexico. Please apply online or contact one of our recruiters directly at 513-528-7823 to learn more about this great opportunity!
Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned staffing firm dedicated to identifying and placing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match the high standards of client's expectations.
Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service to our clients and candidates. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully recruit and place professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is also proud to announce its participation in the Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership. By joining the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Frontline National is becoming part of an even larger collective effort to support military spouse employment.
- Prepare medical records documentation in accordance with Air Force Instructions
- Obtain patient histories, perform prescription verification, and maintain patient records.
- Perform or supervise visual screening tests for analysis and interpretation.
- Process eyewear prescriptions, fits, orders and dispenses military spectacles. along with spectacle repairs.
- Instruct patients concerning eye care and contact lens handling.
- Apply ocular dressings, perform suture removal and obtain eye cultures.
- Knowledge of ocular anatomy; ophthalmic medications; visual physiology, optics; use and maintenance of ophthalmic instruments and testing equipment; ophthalmic instruments and testing equipment; ophthalmic and medical regulation; medical terminology; optometric technology; asepsis; ocular referrals and emergency medical treatment; patient transportation; medical ethics; medical administration and medical service organization and function.
Education: Completion of the following:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete an optometric technician course or apprenticeship with an optometry clinic.
- National Background
- Must be US Citizen
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work site
Certification OR Experience:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) from the American Heart Association
- Possess certification as a Certified Paraoptometric (CPO) or Certified Paraoptometric Assistant (CPOA) or Certified Paraoptometric Technician (CPOT) by the American Optometric Association (AOA) OR completed a formal optometric/ophthalmic training program of the United States Armed Forces OR three years of experience within the last 36 months as an Optometric Assistant/Technician.
- Monday – Friday
- 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM (8/hour days)
- Federal holidays not required