Frontline National, LLC, founded in 2004, is a nationally-renowned firm dedicated to identifying and utilizing superior candidates who possess the qualification, energy, and talent to match our high standards and expectations. Frontline National is an SBA certified 8(a), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB) firm, headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. Frontline National is dedicated to providing superior customer service. We have a proven track record and marketplace expertise to successfully employ professionals on a National scale.
Frontline National is seeking qualified individuals to work as a Research Assistant to support RTI International in implementing research projects in Rockford, Michigan.
Study team members will collect data at a Study Office from approximately January 2023 thru August 2023. For these studies, recruited research participants will be scheduled for appointments at a local study office in Rockford, MI. At the office, participants will meet with a staff member who will collect measurements such as height, weight, waist and hip circumference, and blood pressure. Trained phlebotomists will collect a blood sample. Participants will also complete a survey about their health, either prior to their appointment or during their appointment. Depending on the study, minor participants may complete a neurobehavioral assessment. Study office staff will also process blood samples into serum aliquots and ship the blood and serum samples to off-site labs for analysis. The team will be overseen by an on-site Office Manager or Team Lead.
Research Associate daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Using interpersonal and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with study office leadership and participants.
- Verifying participant identities and looking up their Participant IDs in the project system to begin their study office activities.
- Collecting and documenting COVID-19 screening questions and temperature accurately (when needed).
- Collecting confidential information and administering Informed Consent Forms.
- Administering survey questions verbatim to participants using project-provided tablets and laptops and answering participant questions.
- Administering study office participant procedures around intake activities, tracking of completed study visit activities, incentive payment, and rescheduling participants to complete remaining study activities.
- Staffing the office phone to answer questions, receive incoming calls from participants who have arrived for their appointments, help with rescheduling appointments as needed, and assist with any other participant needs.
- Placing appointment reminder and rescheduling calls to participants.
- Providing a clear explanation of study procedures to participants and their family.
- Adhering to all project protocols associated with participant and data collection procedures.
- Accurately completing all paper and electronic project documents including survey instruments and all reporting forms in a timely manner.
- Reporting any observations or subject complaints of adverse events.
- Providing information on the data collected to appropriate members of the project team as directed.
- Assisting with supply inventory.
- Managing and operating equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintaining cleanliness of medical equipment used and study office areas as assigned.
- Maintaining participant confidentiality.
- May be asked to assist with administering neurobehavioral assessments to children ages 4-17 and their parent/guardian. Would also include scoring assessments and accurately recording outcomes in project forms and systems.
- May be asked to collect and document anthropometric measurements and blood pressure accurately.
- May be asked to assist with study office set-up prior to data collection launch or study office close-down after data collection is completed.
- Complying with all COVID-19 related safety requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior experience in a medical or research setting preferred.
- Effective communication skills through speech and listening and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking.
- Basic computer skills.
- Availability for entire training and data collection period.
- Able to successfully complete project trainings.
- Able to keep project information confidential.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from the study office.
- Available to work, on average, 28 hours per week from January through August 2023. Study office hours may vary by month, but primarily shifts will be 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM Tuesday through Saturday. An occasional afternoon or evening shift may be added if participants specifically request a later appointment, but any afternoon or evening shift will be coordinated with the Office Manager.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- As part of preventative measures to protect staff and participants, all staff are encouraged to get vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to beginning work.
Training & Pay:
- Attend training for all study protocols, which are currently scheduled for January 2023
- Staff must also complete the requirements of an 8-hour research with human subjects training.
- Pay for this position will vary based on experience.